An effective project design needs to smoothly integrate our safety management protocols with the safety management systems of our clients and those of our service providers. So how do we do that?
- Eliminate system duplication and default to the most rigorous standard;
- Ongoing documentation, review, and reporting of work procedures and conditions;
- Hazard assessments and development of risk reduction measures;
- Frequent audits to ensure risk reduction measures are being followed;
- Employee review and training to keep everyone aware of safety requirements;
- Job Observations and Hazard Identifications as core tasks for all team members; and,
- Ongoing focus on finding ways to improve safety, through better equipment or procedures.