After a successful career in forestry, Andrew Carpenter started the company Reclaimit Ltd. in the autumn of 2003. In the transition from the role of Silviculture Forester, where he planned and led the implementation of reforestation programs for Weyerhaeuser Company Ltd. in southeast Vancouver Island, Canada, Andrew seized an opportunity to transfer his skillset into a different sector that would need similar solutions, the Canadian Oil and Gas sector.
When Reclaimit was started Andrew had a broad background. Having worked on government and private forestland operations in both domestic and international situations, Andrew had a unique set of forestland management experiences and first-hand practice proving product quality and service value in a broader context than unit cost. He also understood that there is rarely only one way to complete a task and that real innovation is only possible when you take the risk to try something new.
Reclaimit customers rarely have environmental challenges that require only a quick fix. To make it more complex, client sites are often difficult to access. Our environmental consultants use a wealth of professional experience, learning and adapting as necessary, to meet client challenges. This is where the Reclaimit consultancy excels: by optimizing our existing solutions to meet new challenges.
Reclaimit forestland consultants know how to effectively mesh ecological understanding and meaningful forestland recovery targets with regulatory goals and the reality of operational and logistical challenges. In the end, Reclaimit customers benefit from the removal of liability from the corporate ledger and the knowledge that the results are sustainable and robust. For the society at large, it is the return of a once vacant piece of land to a functioning contributor of ecosystem goods and services.
As specialists in forestland recovery Reclaimit’s environmental consultants clearly understand their role. Reclaimit consultants are:
- Qualified and Competent. All Reclaimit environmental consultants have demonstrable experience and education at the university and technical level, are regulated professionals and have fresh mud on their boots and dirt under their fingernails.
- Proven. The Reclaimit consultancy has a proven project performance management record and can back it up.
- Trustworthy Advisors. Known to be trustworthy, Reclaimit consultants provide reliable and knowledgeable environmental management advice, recommendations, observations, and mitigation plans.
- Reliable. Reclaimit consultants are known to use an intermix of courtesy, courage, and truth to equip our customers with reliable advice. There is never an absent ingredient in that mixture.
- Providers. Reclaimit’s forestland reclamation consultants bring solutions to solve problems and, should team leaders encounter a service need they are unable to fulfill, they will provide you with a reputable reference to solve the issue.
- Temporary. Reclaimit environmental consultants do not look for ways to extend our stay. Our environmental service work always has a professional exit strategy, mutually understood, and planned for, that will enable a welcoming return when our team is called upon again.
Reclaimit invests in safety because it keeps us working. Nothing hidden there.
Reclaimit consultants make certain that their work is properly tuned and that all the team sings from the same song sheet. As proven environmental solution providers our consultants believe that if they have the right approach to safety then every assigned task will get done in a manner that meets HSER, quality and scheduling expectations. And how does our leadership know this?
Reclaimit leaders know that good safety and good business go hand in hand. The right investments in the Reclaimit safety culture enables us to keep the best people working at the maximum sustainable productivity without having an HSER or quality issue. It turns out that an industry leading safety culture also contributes to positive job satisfaction. An interesting outcome for our team is the high return rate of seasonal workers. Our service providers see competition between workers so they can get hired on our next project.
In the end, Reclaimit consultants, its support service team members and Reclaimit customers know that the right safety tone will prevent damages to people, infrastructure, the environment, and reputation. Wise investments in maintaining a leading safety culture renders solid returns. It is just good business.
Reclaimit has a solid reputation of reliable delivery. It is why Reclaimit’s team receives return and referral business. So how do our environmental consultants do it?
- Core Value: How we do our work DETERMINES the value of the accomplishment. Metaphorically, it does not matter how good the product looks in the end if it was built with the wrong parts. Outcome sustainability is directly impacted by inputs from the Reclaimit team. Our consultants never use faulty components in the delivery of an environmental solution.
- Equation for Success: Health, Safety, Environment, Reputation > Quality > Time > Cost. Where cost is the outcome of proficient management of the other factors. This is the Reclaimit foundation for evaluating project, team, and individual success.
- Work Quality Standard: Reclaimit’s environmental consultants design and implement projects with a first time, right time, every time management mantra. The costs of substandard quality always exceed the cost of determining the optimal approach and taking the appropriate amount of time to correctly complete an assigned task.
Since 2012 the Reclaimit consultancy has operated with remotely based team members. The virtual team strategy has allowed Reclaimit leaders to keep the best environmental consultants working, regardless of their home address, at servicing customer needs.
Reclaimit consultants do have international experience and are actively growing this company strength. All Reclaimit consultants are proficient in English and several staff are proficient in French and Arabic. Our team has positive work experience in various roles including but not limited to:
- English teaching in Korea and Taiwan
- Commercial Forestry work experience in Sweden
- Film and audio production throughout the Middle East
- Development initiatives in Bangladesh, India, Tunisia, and Haiti
- Relevant Continuing Education in Florida, South Africa, and Eastern Canada.
When a project budget is presented the Reclaimit price is rarely the lowest sticker price. Why? Reclaimit leaders do not try to win the work with price and be at risk of over-promising and under-delivering. Rather, they target overall value, where price is one but not the only driver in project success. Once a scope of work is properly understood, Reclaimit consultants can chart a clear direction to the destination based on the mutual understanding of what it takes to deliver products and services to requested standards. Once the road map is understood the price will be apparent.
A pleasing sticker price is deceiving. By the time, our work is complete, Reclaimit leaders can prove, time and time again, that Reclaimit’s final costs are competitive and representative of comprehensive work scope execution. Reclaimit is a transparent operator when it comes to price and is ready for an open and honest dialogue and negotiation regarding project components and cost-driver assumptions.