Red Deer, Alberta • Registered Professional Forester in British Columbia (#4174) , Alberta (#562) and Saskatchewan (#194)
- Forest Technology, MFRS, Fredericton, NB.
- B.Sc. Natural Resource Management, UNBC, Prince George.
- Forestland Reclamation Advisor – ConocoPhillips Surmont Oil Sands; Shell Canada Ltd. OJAY Natural Gas Pipeline Reclamation Research.
- Remote Access Logistics Coordination – 1998 to present. Manage people, budgets, heavy equipment and aircraft to deliver industrial goods and services safely and on quality, time and budget.
- Native plant establishment on disturbed forestlands for the Forestry and Upstream Oil and Gas Sectors. Recent (2012-13) example – 780 OSE site re-vegetation project for ConocoPhillips, MEG, Nexen, Suncor and Statoil.
- Surface Land Environmental Liability Assessment (2013) – 730 sites – Cenovus Energy Inc.
- Environmental Site Assessments (Phase I, II & III), Upstream Oil and Gas Sector.
- Site Supervision or General Contractor for site reclamation risk assessment, project design and implementation (BC & Alberta) – 2004-09.
- Inspect and report on various well sites in various stages of reclamation – 12 sites in BC, 85 sites in Alberta, on an annual basis – 2004-2008.
- Plan and implement the reforestation of 3000ha (annually) – 2001-2004 (Alberta, Coastal BC). Plan and implement afforestation of 700ha – 2003 (Vancouver Island, BC).
- Forest soils, ecology, ecological site classification, silvicultural prescriptions – 1996-2004 (Alberta, Northern-Interior-Coastal BC).
- Road deactivation, de-build, steep slope reforestation, landing rehabilitation – 2001-2004 (Alberta, Coastal BC).
- Work practicum (1993) – Sweden. Canada World Youth (1990) – Tunisia.
- Association of British Columbia Forest Professionals – RPF #4174
- College of Alberta Professional Foresters – RPF #562
- Association of Saskatchewan Forestry Professionals – RPF #194
- Canadian Land Reclamation Association – Corporate Member
- SECOR – Partners for Injury Reduction (PIR) Certificate of Recognition
- AESAC – Associated Environmental Site Assessors of Canada
Deanna Van Muyen